There are various website builders available, including WordPress vs Blogger, that you can use to create any type of website, including blogs, but you may still find it difficult to choose the ideal one for your blog.
WordPress and Blogger are two of the most popular website builders on the internet, and both are used by experts. However, as a beginner, you may find it difficult to choose which one to use, especially if you are unfamiliar with its features.
In this article, we shall compare WordPress with Blogger. We’ll go through their top features, pros, and cons, what makes them different, and price. If you are curious to find out the winner between WordPress vs Blogger then Let’s get started.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS) that powers more than 35% of the internet’s websites, ranging from personal blogs to large business websites. It was first started as a blogging platform, but as time passed, it evolved into a popular and flexible CMS platform.
Learn How to Start A Blog The Right Away (Ebook Guide)
WordPress is divided into two separate parts. WordPress.com and WordPress.org are two different platforms. Automattic, Inc. operates WordPress.com. It runs on a modified version of the WordPress.org software, while WordPress.org is open source, which means that its source code is freely available for anyone to modify and share.
To create a blog or website using WordPress, you will need a domain name, which is the address and name of your website that visitors will use to access your website content, and hosting, which will store your website data and files. You need both domains and hosting to create a website.
If you would like to begin your blogging journey on WordPress, check out this step-by-step guide on how to create a blog on WordPress, from picking a domain name and hosting to setting up your blog to optimizing it for SEO and making money.
What is Blogger?
Blogger is a blog publishing service developed by Pyra Labs in 1999 and acquired by Google in 2003. It allows users to create and operate their own blogs for free. Blogger is also known as Blogspot since it provides users with a free subdomain name ending in “.blogspot.com“.
Blogger allows you to create a blog for free and does not require a domain or hosting to start, unlike WordPress. All you need is a Google account, which is Gmail, and you will be given a subdomain name that looks like this: www.yourblogname.blogspot.com. However, you can later use a custom domain name with your blog.
You can purchase a custom domain name from a third-party domain registrar like Namecheap and connect it to your Blogger blog. Most popular bloggers on the internet, including myself, began their blogging journey on the Blogger platform, but as time passed, they migrated to WordPress, which made it easier to manage any type of blog website.
If you prefer to begin blogging for free on the Blogger platform, check out my guide on how to start a blog on Blogspot, where I show you step-by-step how to create a blog from scratch and even monetize it to make money.
- WordPress is a great blogging platform that makes it possible for anyone to create and manage any type of blog.
- WordPress is a content management system, which means you can create and update pages and posts, manage images and media, and control who has access to your content.
- WordPress comes with several themes, there are also thousands of more free and premium themes available from third-party developers that you can use to customize the appearance and feel of your website.
- WordPress comes with several plugins that you can install on your site to add features that WordPress does not have for just about anything you can think of, such as SEO, social media integration, and more.
- WordPress is multilingual and available in over 100 different languages. This makes it a great choice for organizations and individuals looking to reach a worldwide audience regardless of the languages they speak.
- WordPress has built-in security, and there are a variety of security plugins available to further increase the security of your WordPress website, and it is continually updated to protect against security risks.
- Blogger is straightforward to use, even for beginners, with a clean and simple interface that allows you to start a blog with the press of a button.
- Blogger includes hosting that is hosted by Google, so you don’t have to bother about setting up your own hosting server, maintaining it, or purchasing one.
- Blogger provides you with a free subdomain name that looks like this yourblogname.blogspot.com, so you don’t need to bother about purchasing one before starting your blog.
- Blogger is fully integrated with AdSense, a Google product that allows bloggers to make money from their blogs by placing advertisements on their blog posts.
- Blogger has a built-in analytics feature that provides detailed information about your blog traffic, allowing you to know how visitors find your site, what they read, and how long they stay on it.
Pros And Cons Of WordPress vs Blogger
WordPress vs Blogger: Their Differences
Let’s look at the main differences between WordPress vs Blogger and what they can do. Let’s start with WordPress.
What Can WordPress Do?
1. WordPress allows you to install a theme.
WordPress allows you to install a theme from thousands of available themes, which makes it easier to create a unique design for your website.
To install a theme, go to your WordPress dashboard and go to “Appearance » Themes » Add New.” Here you can search for any theme you want and even categorize them by niche to find the one you’re looking for.
2. WordPress allows you to install a plugin.
WordPress plugins are tools that add extra functionality to your website that the main WordPress does not have, such as adding a social share button to your blog post, but there are many WordPress plugins that do.
To install a plugin, go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to “Plugins » Add New.” Here you can search for any plugin you want to install on your blog, whether it is an SEO plugin or any other plugin.
3. WordPress makes it easy to write and publish blog posts.
WordPress has an easy-to-use interface that makes writing and publishing blog entries easy. The best part is that you can install an SEO plugin to further optimize the content for search engines for higher ranking.
4. WordPress allows you to create pages for your blog
WordPress makes the process of creating pages for your blog, which is essential for any site. You can easily create an about us page that describes your blog and a contact us page where people can contact you whenever they need something from you.
What Can Blogger Do?
1. Blogger allows you to install a theme.
Blogger has quite a few themes and templates that you can use on your website, but they are limited in comparison to WordPress, and you may not see the one you want to use.
For that, you can try searching the internet for free Blogger templates because they are third-party developers who have created various themes for the Blogger website and make them available as both free and paid.
2. Blogger allows you to install gadgets.
3. Blogger makes it simple to write and publish blog posts.
Blogger makes it simple for you to write and publish blog posts, and you can further optimize it for search engines by modifying the permalink structure, adding relevant keywords, and many more.
4. Blogger allows you to create pages for your blog
The WordPress software is completely free to use. You can download and use the WordPress software on as many sites as you want for free. Some hosting providers have also made it easier to install WordPress with a single click.
However, in order to use it, you will need a domain name and hosting. This is the only place you will need to pay money because you will need to purchase the domain and hosting from a domain registrar.
To purchase a domain name and hosting at a cheaper price, try a registrar like Hostinger. We have been using Hostinger for a long time and it has an active customer support team that can assist you with any issues you may be experiencing with your website.
Blogger, like WordPress, is completely free to use, but you don’t need to buy a domain name or hosting to use it because Blogger provides free hosting and subdomains to their users.
What you should do is get a custom domain name from a third-party domain registrar like Namecheap and connect it to your Blogger site to make it look professional. This is the only way you can spend money.
Namecheap is a popular domain registrar that has been in business for a long time. They provide cheap domain registration, especially for new customers, and if you want to test it out, you can use our link to get a percentage OFF of your purchase.
WordPress and Blogger are both good blogging platforms that anyone can use to create a website, whether it is a business website or a blog, but you might want to choose one based on your preferences.
If you are going to need more customization options, then you can start with WordPress, but if you want to start small, Blogger is the way to go so that when you have more resources and knowledge, you can migrate to WordPress.
The process of migrating from Blogger to WordPress is simply easy, and more information about it can be found on the internet, so which blogging platform will you use for your website today? Let me in the comments section below.
We hope you found this article helpful. If you liked it, please share it on social media with others, especially those who want to know the differences between WordPress and Blogger, and if you have any questions please leave them in the comments section below.