Do you want to start a blog? STOP! Know these Blogging Tips first, Starting a blog is an exciting and rewarding experience, but it can also be stressful and difficult, particularly for beginners.
If you want to share your personal experiences, promote your business, or simply express your thoughts and ideas on your blog, there are a few things you should consider before starting.
In this article, we’ll look at the 10 blogging tips you should know before starting your blog and make the most out of your online presence and attract an engaged audience.
Let’s get started.
10 Blogging Tips
1. Choose Your Niche And Audience
Before starting your blog, you should know what you want to write about and who your target audience is.
Your niche should be something about which you are passionate and have extensive knowledge and experience.
And your target audience should be a group of people who are interested in your niche and can benefit from your content.
For more information on choosing your blogging niche refer to this article as it will show you how to choose a niche and profitable blogging niche ideas.
2. Choose A Catchy Domain Name
Your blog domain name is the web address or URL for your blog it’s what people will type in their browser or click to access your blog content.
So choose one that is memorable and easy to spell and understand. And It should be also relevant to your niche and target audience as well.
Here are 5 tips to help you choose the best and most catchy domain name for your blog:
- Keep It Short And Straightforward: A short and straightforward domain name is easy to remember and type, and will likely increase the chances that people will visit your blog.
- Include keywords In Your Domain: Including keywords in your domain name can help with SEO and make it easier for people to find your blog on search engines when looking for information on a certain topic.
- Make It Easy To Spell: Make sure your domain name is easy to spell by avoiding using difficult words or phrases that are easily mistyped. Do this if you want people to be able to find your blog as easily as possible.
- Check If The Domain Is Still Available: Before you choose a domain name for your blog, make sure to check if it’s still available to purchase by using a domain registrar or using free online tools.
- Use A .com Extension: Use a .com extension while purchasing your domain name because the .com extension is the most well-known and widely used domain extension, it is the best choice for a blog.
3. Choose A Reliable Blogging Platform
One of the most important decisions you’ll need to make when starting a blog is to choose a reliable blogging platform.
There are various blogging platforms available, and each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages or you can say pros and cons.
Here are some of the few popular blogging platforms to consider:
- WordPress.org: WordPress.org is one of the most popular blogging platforms you will ever think of. As it’s free to use, simple to set up, and has a wide range of customization options. You we’ll need to purchase a domain name and web hosting in order to set up WordPress.org, but the platform itself is free to use.
- WordPress.com: WordPress.com is a hosted version of WordPress.org, which means you don’t need to purchase web hosting or a domain name to use it because it comes with a free domain name and hosting for example yourwebsitename.wordpress.com. It is well free to use, but it offers fewer customization options than the self-hosted WordPress.org version.
- Blogger.com: Blogger.com is a free blogging platform that’s owned by Google. It’s simple to set up and use, and it also works well with other Google products such as AdSense and Analytics. However, Blogger.com have fewer customization options than WordPress.org.
- Wix.com: Wix.com is another blogging platform with a wide range of templates and customization options. It’s a great option for those looking for a more visually appealing blog, but it might not be the best option for those looking to improve their blog with SEO.
Due to all these fewer customization options, we recommend you start your blog on WordPress.org as it will give you complete freedom and control of your blog.
To get started with WordPress.org you need to purchase a domain and hosting for that we recommend you purchase your hosting from Hostinger and get a free domain offer valid for 1 year after that you can start renewing it.
And when you have your domain and hosting ready you can read our guide on how to start a blog on WordPress.
4. Conduct keyword research
One of the most important steps in optimizing your blog for search engines is to conduct keyword research.
It assists you in identifying the keywords and phrases that people in your niche are searching for so that you can include them in your content and titles to attract more traffic.
You can use one of the tools below to conduct keyword research:
5. Create Helpful And Engaging Content
You should create helpful and engaging content on your blog because your blog’s content is the most important aspect.
And the content should be problem-solving, interesting, and relevant to your audience. In addition, it should be well-written and easy to read, with a good branding sound.
6. Optimize Your Blog For Mobile Devices
Make sure to optimize your blog for mobile devices because more people accessing the internet are using mobile devices, so it’s important that your blog is mobile-friendly.
This includes using a responsive theme design, making your blog images and text content to be easy to read on small screens, and making sure your blog loads faster on mobile devices.
7. Use Visuals In Your Blog Content
Use visuals such as images and videos to improve your blog content. Visuals are a great way to improve and engage your audience.
Break up text with images, videos, and infographics to illustrate your points and make your blog more visually appealing.
8. Promote Your Blog On Social Media
Promoting your blog content on social media and other online platforms is a great way to spread the word about your blog and reach a larger audience.
To build relationships and attract more traffic, share your blog posts on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms, and interact with your followers.
We also recommend that you share your blog link in various groups and accounts related to your blog topic.
It’s a good idea to stay active in these groups and keep spreading the word about your blog. It can also be a great source of inspiration when you feel like you’re running out of ideas for what to publish.
9. Use Analytics To Track Your Blog’s Performance
Using analytics tools, like Google Analytics, can help you in tracking the performance of your blog and understand the behavior of your readers.
Use this analytics data to adjust your blogging strategy and improve your content and promotions.
For more information on how to set up Google Analytics for your website read this guide, how to install Google Analytics in WordPress.
10. Seek Feedback From Readers
Seek feedback from readers on a regular basis and use it to improve your blog because reader feedback can be a valuable source of information and inspiration.
Encourage readers to provide feedback by including a comments section on your blog, and seeking feedback via your social media accounts.
Pro Blogging Tips
Before you click “purchase” or “buy” on the domain name you choose for your blog, make sure to check if you can use the name on social media pages.
And see if it is still available to use on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook Pages, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
And then when it’s available you can go ahead and purchase it.
Why did we say this?
- Branding: Having a good brand name that’s across all of your online platforms, including your blog and social media accounts, can help your blog establish a strong and recognizable brand identity.
- Visibility: Social media platforms can help your blog gain visibility by reaching a larger audience. You can attract new readers and increase traffic to your blog by sharing its content on social media.
- Credibility: Social media platforms can help your blog gain credibility. As it proves that you are actively engaging with your audience and are committed to developing a strong online presence.
I hope you are able to find these blogging tips helpful, and I hope it also helps you avoid some of the common blogging mistakes.
When you are set to start your blog after following these blogging tips read our guide on how to start a blog and make money.